Does it feel like this month flew right on by or it is just me? We've been busy with work, tax prep, house projects, trip planning and more, but I'm still wondering where the days have gone.
I'm starting a new monthly series today that I'll be using to check in with my monthly intentions from each "Wallpaper + Wishes" post. My goal this year is to take small, but significant steps in the right direction on multiple fronts and breaking things down into nice month-sized bits seems to help.
At the beginning of the month, I noted that I would like to:
- Focus more on my physical health. I've really done a number on my body over the last few months with a combination of too much good food and not enough physical activity. It's time to fix that.
- Wrap up some for fun/for friends design projects. My December work schedule became so jam-packed that a few of the side projects I had hoped to complete before the end of the year simply had to be shelved. I'll be setting aside some time to finish those up this month.
- Explore the features of our new camera. Yes, we upgraded our camera! It's very exciting, considering it wasn't really something we planned. I have so much to learn and I'm hoping to spend some quality time with the owner's manual very soon.
In all honesty, I only scratched the surface. I've focused on my physical health much of the time, but not in the fully-committed way I would have liked. I didn't get to wrap up all of my side projects, but I am much closer to finishing them up than I was on January 1st. That counts, yes? And about that camera... I've practiced, but not as much as I had hoped.
Usually facing incomplete goals or tasks would send me spinning. I'd feel less than successful and a little overwhelmed. But not this time. Instead, I'd like to take a look at what I did accomplish this month. I'm hoping that cataloging everything will hold me accountable down the road, while helping me realize how far I've come each month.
So, this month I:
- Wrapped up my training with Clementine Daily and officially took on the role of Associate Editor for the site. (Eeep! Still pinching myself on this one.)
- Spent quality time with my husband, family and friends.
- Purged some unwanted + unworn items from my closet.
- Played fetch with Hank and snuggled like nobody's business.
- Contributed a few pieces to Clementine Daily, which include tips for finding adventure, remaining present and getting along with our opposites.
- Started planning a trip to Las Vegas for this gal's bachelorette weekend!
- Wrote a few articles for the Women's Health & Wellness Guide inside the latest issue of Sactown Magazine. (It's on stands now, if you live locally and want to snag a copy.)
- Worked with both brand new and a longtime clients to create content.
- Signed up to become a member of ThinkHouse Collective, which is a fantastic coworking space here in Sacramento. I'm loving it so far!
- Started gathering supplies to make my home office a healthier space to work when I'm not at ThinkHouse. I'm officially making the transition to a standing desk, you guys!
So, you see: I actually accomplished quite a bit! I hope you don't mind the little self-indulgent check-in. I'm feeling better about jumping into February already!
How did you all do with your intentions and goals this month? Do you find it easier to deal when you give yourself a little pat on the back from time to time?